Thank you to all who made our road clean up with the Longwood Rotary Club a success!! The number of UHS Interact Club members coming out to help our community set a record for turnout for this event in recent years. Thank you to the Longwood Rotary Club for treating everyone to breakfast after the hard work was done!
October 14 @ 2:20pm
- Welcome – Ryan Flores
- HIS Mission – local homeless shelter for men in Kennett Square – [need lead volunteer]
- Discuss plans for clothing drive
- Gently used items – sweatshirts, sweatpants, t-shirts, sneakers
- Decide on when to have clothing drive – after bake sale, not conflicting with UCFSD Coat Drive, maybe early November or late December?
- Assemble boxes + make signs for boxes
- Make signs/posters to advertise clothing drive
- Boxes at Main Entrance, Gym Entrance, Mrs. Pisauro’s room (need to get ok from UHS admininstration)
- Encourage all UHS Interact Club members to donate 4 items
- Discuss plans for clothing drive
- Bake Sale to Raise Funds for Birthday Box – Caroline Fisher
- Discuss Birthday Box Charity
- Discuss plans for Bake Sale (Oct 22-23)
- need more volunteers to sign up to bring items
- need more lunch volunteers
- circulate sign up spreadsheet
- Rally Towels to raise funds for Alex’s Lemonade Stand – [need lead volunteer]
- We have 150 towels. We had 50+ students attend first meeting. At $2/towel encourage every UHS Interact student to buy 3 towels = $6. They make great gifts or stocking stuffers! Towels will be sold at next Interact meeting.
- Road Cleanup Reminder – Nov 7 am – more details to follow – Ryan Flores
Clothing Drive for HIS Mission
Please donate your gently-used men’s clothing such as:
- Sweatshirts and sweatpants
We will be placing donation boxes at the main entrance, gym entrance to the school, and Mrs. Pisauro’s room.
HIS Mission is a new local cause for the UHS Interact Club. The local shelter serves men who are homeless in the Kennett Square area and a recent article in the Kennett paper outlined the need for basic supplies such as toilet paper, paper plates, gently-used clothing. The article reported many groups such as Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts have not provided the support they have in the past. We can help!
UHS Interact Club
Our first UHS Bake Sale of the year will be held on Oct 22-23 to support the Birthday Box
The Birthday Box is a non-profit organization that provides children in need with an opportunity to blow out candles and make a birthday wish on his or her special day. An entire birthday celebration is assembled, packaged & then delivered in a recycled box. This party in a box, includes a birthday cake, candles, party plates, a birthday present and party decorations.
UHS Interact members, please sign up to bring a baked good or volunteer at lunch. Thanks!
Come out to help our community by joining with the Longwood Rotary Club and cleaning up local roads. Breakfast will follow at Longwood Family Restaurant.
RSVP to 15ryanflores at gmail.com
- Fall Kickoff Meeting – Discuss plans for the year including the opportunity to support HIS Mission, a homeless shelter here in Kennett Square.
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand – Get your rally towels and support an amazing cause supporting those with childhood cancer.
- The Pulsera Project – Last year many Unionville students bought Pulsera bracelets to empower youth in Nicaragua. Learn more about the Pulsera Project, started just 6 years ago and already $1,500,000 has been raised.
- HIS Mission – We hope to find a way to support a new local cause for the UHS Interact Club. HIS Mission serves homeless men and women in the Kennett Square area and a recent article in the Kennett paper outlined the need for basic supplies such as toilet paper and paper plates. The article reported many groups such as Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts have not provided the support they have in the past. Maybe we can help!
- Rotary Club Breakfasts – Join our partners at the Longwood Rotary Club for early morning breakfasts at Longwood Gardens to learn how we are all helping the community.
- Road Cleanups – Another early morning event! Contribute to our community on Saturday morning to keep our roads trash-free.
- Southern Chester County Chamber of Commerce Gala – Provide much-needed volunteer staffing for the Chamber of Commerce annual fundraiser.
- Longwood Rotary Gala – Get ready to help out with everything from photography, coat check to transporting raffle prizes to lucky winners! The rotary club could not run this event without our help.
- Stop Hunger Now – Learn about hunger around the world and do something about it. Packing meals for hundreds of people.